Friday, May 21, 2010

Muffins, Cookies, and GDMA love

Yesterday was another volunteer night for me at the GDMA grad show. Lots of booze were served :) Got home last night at around 1am, took a shower, and then passed out so that's why there was no picture for yesterday...but I got them here now!

I was really bored Tuesday night, so I decided that I will make muffins for my mom on Wednesday before I head out to meet up with Terri. I didn't take any photos of me making the muffin but I took a picture of the finished product:

Banana Walnut Muffin With Raisins
Nikon D5000, 18-55mm

Well, I really wanted to bake something that's orange flavoured...so I made some cookies the next day before heading out for another volunteer event.

Orange Chocolate Butter Cookies
Nikon D5000, 18-55mm

So for the GDMA class of 2010, their title for the show is "Take A Closer Look." What it is, is that it revolves around the growth of bugs. I thought it was cleverly thought out and it has great design and illustrations of bugs considering how much bugs scare the crap out of me.

Sony CyberShot DSC-T70

Can you guess what these are?
Sony CyberShot DSC-T70

And of course their grad show wouldn't have been a grad show if they didn't serve their famous mini (dairy free) cupcakes that raised most of their grad funds! They are very delicious and don't worry, these don't contain bugs.

Sony CyberShot DSC-T70

And lastly, yesterday's event was the speaker series with Paula Scher of Pentagram and Eric Karjaluoto of smashLAB. Personally, I thought Paula could have done a better job in her presentation but I'll forgive her this time since she flew into Vancouver in the morning. Eric is amazing though. His talk is very interesting and is kind enough to stay after the event to chat with everyone.

Sony CyberShot DSC-T70



Congrats grads of 2010! Remember us in 2012 please :)


Sony CyberShot DSC-T70

2 comments:

  1. *thumbs up* :D I think I will miss these grads the most lol. They were awesome! Oh XD did you find my many fuzzy pictures that I took all around? haha

    ReplyDelete