Sunday, May 16, 2010

Please educate yourself, sir.

So, I work in FedEx Office (previously known as FedEx Kinko's and Kinko's before that). It is a copy and print centre along with FedEx shipping. Here is a rant about a man who ruined my perfectly good morning.

(warning...it is very long...)

Customer came in around 9:20am requesting to print some images and photocopy a black and white sheet. I was occupied with another customer, and a couple of jobs within the store already. I told the man that he can go on the self serve computers to print out his photos for 20 cents per minute and 59 cents per print, and I can help him with the photocopy. He says no and asks me to print it for him.

I told him it is $2 per file to open and process it to the printer. He says OK, he only has one file.

When I opened up the USB, the man told me the folder in which the "file is in"...there were 3 JPG files. I then told him that he has 3 files and it is $2 per file. He says "No, I only have one file." I then told him that he does not have 1 file. He has 1 folder that has 3 files within it. He does not seem to understand. I repeatedly explained it to him the difference between a folder and a file.

A phone call came, and I was alone on the floor. I asked the man to excuse me so I can answer the phone. When I came back, I explained it to him one more time that I will charge him $2 per file (while pointing to the JPG files on the screen). He says "OK just print it."

I send the image to print and then carried on to help him photocopy his black and white copies. I showed him where and how to place his hardcopy in the machine and where to enter the quantity. He wanted 20 double-sided black and white copies.

When his copies came out, he complained about how the print quality is not the same as his hardcopy. I explained to him that whenever you make a photocopy from a hardcopy, the quality will go down. I also made another copy for him with the "Photo" setting. He did not like it better than the first set. He then says that the first set will do fine.

All the jobs he requested to have done was finished at this point. We proceeded to the cash register.

When I told him the price, along with the break-down, he became curious as to why I am charging him $6 for the rip fee. I explained it to him that he has 3 files and each file is $2 to process. He asks me to charge him just 1 of the fee. I told him no that's our standard fee. Then he complains that he only has 1 file (by which he meant 1 folder). I, again told him no. He has 1 folder and there are 3 files within it. He becomes angry.

He says he should not be charged this much. He then carries on to complain about the quality of the black and white prints and how the quality on them were poor as well.

Following his complaint, I explained it to him, again, that photocopying a hardcopy will downgrade the quality. He then says that it prints so nicely at home on his home printer and asks why it is not good here. I explained again about photocopying hardcopy, and then add that printing from a digital file on a computer will always have a higher quality.

He would not listen to my explainations and continues to complain about the quality of the black and white copies.

He asks "What is the name of your manager." and then left.



He can suck it.

Sony CyberShot DSC-T70

1 comment:

  1. if he said the printer he has at home prints fine , why is he there lol.

    ReplyDelete